Buzzweld U.P. Underbody preservation is a borosilicate glass re-enforced underbody clear lacquer with exceptional anti-corrosive properties..
U.P. is specifically formulated to be applied to a wet surface that has had minimal preparation. U.P. will offer short to medium term protection above that of oils, and other waxes at low preparation levels.
- Clear- U.P. does not hide existing issues. you can spot problems as they occur and maintain accordingly.
- LOW reactivity. U.P. is compatible with most existing paints and treatments making it ideal as a Patina Preserver, and a topup protection system.
- EXTREME creep from absorbtion, as well as capilary action.
- U.P. flows in between spot welds, and absorbs into corrosion forcing out the residual moisture and air, suffocating the ability for corrosion to continue.
- COST EFFECTIVE. U.P. 1000ML Schultz tin will treat up to a larger 4x4
- TIME effective. a U.P. underbody treatment can be completed in as little as 2 hours.
- FAST CURE. U.P. can be touch dry in as little as 30 minutes.
- High temperature tolerance. Survives on the exhaust system up to but not including the downpipe.
- Forces out moisture from wiring looms, and electrical connectors.
- Presents an easy to clean surface.
- Vehicle underbody stays dryer for longer, and holds less water in adverse conditions.
- Dries properley, does not wash away, or attract dirt/ debris
- Makes maintenance work ALOT easier- cleaner, drier, less rust.
- EASY to weld, or prepare an area that has been treated.
We estimate the lifespan of U.P. conservatively to be between 6 and 36 months to first maintenance. This is based on the level of prep you do, and more importantly the existing condition.
Minimum prep requirements for U.P. is to wash down the vehicle underbody, and apply. You can apply U.P. whilst the vehicle is still wet.
Recommendations to improve U.P. longevity.
- clean. the cleaner the underbody the better.
- wet. we recommend you use an air blow gun, or take the vehicle for a short drive prior to application where possible to remove excessive amounts of trapped water.
- steam cleaner. very effective at removing existng loose paint, and contamination. the more U.P. that is in contact with the vehicle, and not over existing oils, dirt, flakey paint etc, the better it will protect your vehicle.
- On poorly sealed vehicles we recommend you air the vehicle interior to remove solvents during the curing process. Modern vehicles will not typically require this.
1x 1L Schultz Tin. Can be applied by brush, spraying is recommended.
Aerosol version still in testing.
We recommend the FX11 Schultz gun for U.P. as it atomises better, and has much better access than a standard schultz gun. Also works with PCL, and IM gun. IM Gun offers the most control and access.