Chassis Guard Kits are due to us week beginning 06/08/2017. We are aiming to have to have the kits with customers for the 11th. As part of the Prep order this date may change, and you are welcome to a refund at any time. Updates will be published on our page, and on this lisiting here.
Chassis Guard Kits
Chassis Guard Kits are designed to offer incredible value for money on full CHASSIS PROTECTION INSIDE AND OUT for those seeking a budget alternative to our premium range. From tidying up A lower value vehicle, to allowing people less experienced to get involved without the fear of ruining a £200+ kit, these kits are both very easy to use, repair if necessary, and maintain.
Everyone can get good results without having to be a pro sprayer, all whilst not breaking the bank.
- Self Regenerating Cavity wax provides a tough cost effective method of corrosion control within the chassis
- Low gloss BLACK textured finish. Can be applied in one heavy, or two lighter coats.
- No setting up the gun, spray pattern, wide pressure tolerance
- Basic Prep, and easy to assemble and apply.
- Will not hide corrosion festering behind the coating like a stonechip/ wet wax can.
- Can be applied to light corrosion, existing coatings
Whats in the kits?
Each kit is sized for a typical chassis, and contains enough product for that vehicle. Every kit comes with applicator gun, and some extra's depending on which kit you choose.
|SIZE ||CHASSIS GUARD ||SELF REGENERATING CAVITY WAX ||WAX INJECTION AND SPRAY GUN |
|SMALL ||X2 1000ML ||X2 1000ml ||YES |
|MEDIUM ||X3 1000ML ||X2 1000ML ||YES |
|LARGE ||X4 1000ML ||X3 1000ML ||YES |
WHAT SIZE KIT DO I NEED?
This varies depending on if you are applying to steel, or going over an existing paint that is still offering some kind of protection. As can be seen from the table below as the quality of the chassis being treated reduces the larger a kit you need.
To give some examples we class the following vehicles.
Small. Suzuki Jimny, SWB fortrak, and many small SWB vehicles
Medium. Defender 90, LWB fourtrak, SWB landcruiser, Toyota hilux, good condition discovery
Large. Defender 110, Land Cruiser, discovery, range rover,
|SIZE OF KIT/ CONDITION ||GOOD condition ||FAIR condition ||POOR condition |
|SMALL ||SMALL AND MEDIUM VEHICLE ||SMALL ||SMALL |
|MEDIUM ||SMALL, MEDIUM & LARGE VEHICLE ||MEDIUM ||MEDIUM |
|LARGE ||v LARGE, LARGE, AND ALL OTHER SIZES ||MEDIUM ||MEDIUM |
HOW DO I APPLY IT?
- Remove all grease/ dirt and contamination (you may want something like FXDegreaser if its covered!).
- Ensure the surface is free of loose material such as loose paint, and flakey rust.
- Prepare the surface and remove any medium to heavy corrosion, and ensure the surfaces to be coated are dry, dull and rough, not shiny and polished so the Chassis Guard has something to stick to)
- Shake Chassis Guard for two minutes, and pull ring in top of container.
- Push gun pickup tube through the seal, and screw on.
- connect to air feed from 50>90psi (in cold weather you may want to warm the containers overnight)
- using the correct PPE, and having masked and prepare the vehicle, spray the chassis.
- Clean the gun with some gun wash/ thinners, and ensure you fully dry and air the gun prior to applying the wax.
- Allow to cure for 6>12 hours until hard
- Install the cavity lance on the spray gun, and fit the gun to the Self Regenerating cavity wax as before.
- insert the lance fully into the chassis (you may need to drill some 13MM access holes), and squeeze the trigger. With the trigger depressed, withdraw the lance. Repeat to treat the whole chassis.
- Avoid water, laning, or other activites that may strike or damage the coating(s) for 1>2 days depending on weather and temperatures.
- For additional Protection/ suitability this kit can be upgraded using RCP primer as a base coating, and / or W.A.R as a sacrificial top coat