Tecsound 50 acoustic membrane has tremendous density and mass, whilst being extremely pliable. It is a superb alternative to MLV where more flexibility is required.
Tecsound is a high density polymer-based, asphalt-free, synthetic soundproofing membrane, that acts as a sound barrier and offers good acoustic insulation in different vehicle applications.
The impressive acoustic performance of Tecsound is equivalent to lead of the same surface weight. Tecsound 50 in a single layer boasts an Rw figure of over 25db.
When directly applied to a vibrating and resonating metal surface such as a vehicle floor pan or bulk head, it greatly reduces vibration and the passage of sound through the surface. Tecsound 50 is also an ideal product for soundproofing engine bays, engine rooms and reducing sound from noisy equipment enclosures.
Tecsound is a great choice where a pliable, soft, low profile sound barrier is required that will both reduce vibration and block airborne noise in one single layer. It can also be used be used in vehicle applications where traditional sound deadening is not suitable, such as fibreglass or plastic body moldings.
- High acoustic insulation, combined with soft, flexible elements.
- High sound damping capacity on metal surfaces.
- Flexible alternative to MLV.
- Easy to handle and adaptable to uneven surfaces.
- Easy to cut with a knife or scissors.
- Can be bonded to most of the types of surfaces. (adhesive required*)
- Cold and heat resistance.
- Excellent ageing resistance.
- Fire resistant and self extinguishing
- Small Roll: 2m x 1.22m (2.44sq.m)
- Thickness: 2.6mm
- Weight: 5kg/m²
- Grey Cloth Scrim Top Finish
- Density: 1.9g/cm³ (± 0.05)
- Pliability: Does not break when bent at -20°C
- Elongation: 300%
- Crushing strength: 4.84kg/cm²
- Fire resistance: Euroclass B, s2, d0 (Class0 UK equivalent)
- Continuous operating temperature: 70°C (short term 100°C)
- Melting point: 140°C
- Thermal Conductivity: 0.450 W/mK
- Airborne Acoustic performance (5kg/m²): Rw25dB
Typical uses of this product:
- Soundproofing against airborne noise through vehicle floor, engine bay or firewall.
- Lining van or camper floors to lower noise.
- Blocking noise in GRP, Plastic or Wooden bodied vehicles.
- Reducing sound from noisy equipment enclosures.
- Placing between plasterboard layers to soundproof walls/ceilings at home.
- Damping of impact noise caused by rain on metal deck roofs.
*We suggest the use of spray adhesive for installation on vertical panels.