Buzzweld DTM is a specially formulated Glass Flake Impregnated single application (when applied neat through airless spray or similar method) high build coating based on a fast drying high solid alkyd resin.
DTM has excellent chip resistance, corrosion and seawater resistance with benefits including;-
- High Adhesion. Designed for mechanically prepared surfaces.
- Impregnated with toughened glass flake for increased hardness, abrasion, and porosity resistance.
- Cost effective. No requirement for a primer or top coat.
- Long lasting. Suitable for Marine, Industrial and other aggressive environments.
- Easy to clean / maintain. low gloss/ high satin sheen.
- HIGH SOLIDS 52%.
- No thinner required reducing complication and increasing savings.
- Great UV resistance.
- Tintable INCLUDING COLOUR aerosols come pre loaded ready to use. Tintable with colour tins will come with a separate tin that contains the colour. Simply add this to the tint at 10% and mix well, then use.
- Tintable NO COLOUR you will receive a your order MINUS 10% product so that you can fit the tint in. so ordering a 1L schutz of tintable no tint you will receive a 1L schutz tin with 900ML of product in. add 100ML of tint, mix well and apply. Tint can be ordered separately here
Compatible with most fully cured paint systems, DTM is suitable for protecting a range of prepared steel surfaces from chassis and underbody to axles, bodywork and more.
- Ensure surfaces are, dry, clean and free from grease, dirt and other contamination.
- Remove scale and rust and prepare to a minimum ST3.
- Apply two coats by applying initially 100 micron wet followed by a brief dry off period then a further application of up to 200 micron.
- Allow to dry for approx. 3 hours before handling
Aerosol > typically 4 coats. Check film is minimum 100 microns DFT, > 180 microns for higher profile such as aggressive blasting.
Schultz tin spray- Applied neat 60> 75PSI typically
- Brush/ roller,
- PCL 90>150 PSI. nozzle adjusted fully out
- IM Gun > Awaiting test results
- FX10 Underbody Gun 75 PSI, nozzle fully out.
- Airless tip 0.38-0.53 mm, 50-65° angle and 2000-2300 psi pressure
Use tip 0.38-0.53 mm, 50-65° angle and 2000-2300 psi pressure
Semi Gloss finish
5m2 theoretical coverage
Cost effective protection of steel surfaces
Variety of colours and application methods available.
Corrosion needs to be remedied prior to application.
Large 4x4 chassis (110 size) 5L or 24 cans
Winch Bumper 1L
Nas Step 1L
Half Chassis/ small 4x4 2.5L
Small vehicle underbody 2.5L
Large 4x4 underbody 5L
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Saturday, 11 August 2018 | Simon
Slick service,only time will tell on the longevity of the product
Was this helpful to you? Yes / No
This review has not been appraised.