Rust - Prime is a water thinnable rust converting primer.
Blended with high quality acid tolerant modified acrylic copolymer and a tannin based chelating agent.
Rust - Prime converts sound or firm rust into a stable substrate that resists further surface oxidation and has several benefits of being fast cure, water based, limited fire hazard.Rust-Prime can be overcoated with most single pack coatings, reduces the amount of surface preparation, and saves you time.
NO acids to cause further corrosion issues.
SURFACE PREPARATION FOR PRIMING RUST WITH RUST - PRIME
1. Remove all loose rust/ corrosion/ loose paint by scraping or wire brushing.
2. Degrease to remove all oil, grease and dirt etc.
3. Fresh water wash and allow to dry.
4. Apply onto tight or firm rust only and leave until blacking occurs.
5. Do not apply to non-rusted areas. Areas of ’good’ steel should be cleaned and primed with a suitable primer such as Rust Encapsulator Primer
6. Perfect for use with our soon to be launched "Aqua Chassis" paint
7. Should be primed or top coated soon after application. Perfect for us with Buzzweld DTM, Chassis Guard and other non stabilising primers.
Do not put brush used for application back in pot. Decant required product for each use.