Chassis Guard Lanolin Oil Underbody 5L Tin
This product has been for sale for around 12 months as "Tool Wipe" whilst we gathered feedback, and became more familiar with the materials used.
This product is made and developed by Craig @Buzzweld HQ in Bristol. The product basis is slightly different to other lanolin products out there (the main carrier is certainly different), and we have not used "Lan" or "lanolin" in the product name. We have done this because we believe in creating unique products that sell on their merits alone, instead of copying other brands successes.
The aim of this coating is to typically last 6>12 months, but be more economical than other coatings for this duration. We are trying to get a protected vehicle cost down from around £70 a year, to closer to £15>£20.
- 6>12 month protection prior to topup
- Cheap! we aim to make this product as cheap as we possibly can whilst fulfilling the product criteria.
- Great for topping up existing treatments new and old
- High penetration into existing corrosion
- Hydrophobic to shed water and minimise latent moisture build up
- Easy to remove
- Non Toxic
- Fully Biodegradeable (packaging will not initially meet this criteria whilst we work on the core product)
- Ultra Low VOC, and absolutley minimised harmful emissions during curing
- clear so you visually inspect the substrate
- superb as a wood treatment / preservative
- Trim wipe
- Tool Wipe (this product has been sold as "Tool Wipe" for over a year currently)
- Re clarifies headlights
- Restores deep colour on paints
- Can be used as an oil based paint additive (in tinned form)
- Great as a cavity treatment with great rust penetration and creep
- Cheap enough to use for a multitude of things, even cleaning surfaces
- Drives heavy corrosion from the base steel over time
- Potentially a superb patina protector
- Clear- we have no plans or intention to release a coloured version. This product is aimed squarely at low cost protection vs time. Nothing else.
- Slight tack. initial testing the product does not attract dirt and muck unless applied very heavily. The aim is to eventually get a full hard cure.
- Slow cure. As a result of us minimising the VOC content this product takes a good 12 hours to tack. ideally needs longer before use such as 24 hours.
- Work in progress. This is not a finished product, but i think we are somewhere very close.
- Remove any mud
- Heavier corrosion can be removed to increase product penetration, or can be left and topped up later on be aware that large lumps of rust (delamination) can come off and not be fully penetrated. If you treat a vehicle with lumps of rust, ensure you inspect and topup more often whilst the corrosion is driven off the base metal by Chassis Guard over time.
- 3>6 month protection apply one heavier coat and fully seal the surface.
- 6>12 month protection, apply one full covering coat, and leave for 48 hours or more. Then apply a full second "heavy" coat. protect from getting wet, and allow to become touch dry prior to use
- We recommend visual inspections are placed every 3 months for higher wear areas such as backs of wheel arches, and the rear 1/4 of most vehicles.
Whilst chassis guard is largely made of food grade, or derived from food grade materials, do not ingest it and take steps to not breath it in. Such PPE as a dust mask, goggles and gloves are recommended.
17 November 2023
I'd been looking for something to protect my chassis (1973 Vw crewcab)for a while that was low prep and easy to do . I'd looked at the usual suspects you know the ones black and waxy ect .Then for months kept seeing advertising, videos etc popping up on social media for lanolin based products one of which has lano in its name (without actually mentioning its name ,),I just couldn't bring myself to pay the £70+ asking price,then found Chassis guard at a much more reasonable price and thought I'll give it a try.Ordered came next day and keep up to date with emails.I applied with an old household cleaning spray bottle (washed out) .I applied a little thick at first only because it was kept in my cold garage for a day or so before applying so put bottle in a bucket of warm water which did the trick and it sprayed on much easier, anyway the point I'm trying to make is Chassis guard once applied looks like the results in videos I've seen for other lanolin based products but at a much more reasonable price .
Was this helpful to you? Yes / No
21 September 2023
Excellent stuff .easy to use . cheaper than a well known product and just as effective
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this helpful to you? Yes / No
IMPORTANT TERMS. Read before ordering.
Delivery & returns
All orders are sent to be delivered to you or a neighbour. By Ordering you are accepting responsibility for the delivery location. If this is not acceptable then you MUST leave a note on your order specifying signature only. We do not ship all orders for signature as most people are not available all day to take delivery.We send all orders with DHL.
Cut off time for same day dispatch is 12pm.
Please supply a mobile number to assist the courier.
DHL will attempt delivery twice, after this you may be charged an addition fee.
All orders will only be sent if the billing address matches the card details.
Please ensure someone is available to receive the delivery.
We can not be held responsible for any delays caused by DHL.
If you need assistance with your delivery please call 01454315588. Our staff will be more than happy to help.
We offer a 30 day money back return policy on all goods returned in un-used condition and original packaging. Unfortunately we can not offer refunds or exchange on mixed colours or aerosols to order.
All items must be returned to qualify for a refund. Upon receipt of your item we will check the item and notify you if we are able to process a refund by phone or email within 3 working days.
Once we have despatched your goods (or if you have collected them), you can return them for a full refund (including standard delivery charges) within 30 days of delivery (or collection) without giving a reason, as long as they are with their original packaging and unused. You will be responsible for returning the goods to us (and have to pay any costs involved) and we are allowed to reduce your refund if there is any damage to the goods caused by you handling them. We will make all refunds to the credit card, debit card or PayPal account used to place your order and we will pay you within 14 days of us receiving the goods you have sent them back to us.
We will make your colour to specification, however, when added to different products the colours will be represented differently. As an example Ral3020 in Raptor, 2K Direct Gloss, Basecoat, and GIO side by side will all be DIFFERENT, even though they are made with EXACTLY the same tint. Variance issues are non refundable. Please call us if you have any concerns. We do also try and filter out these issues by inspecting your order. Metallic colours are strongly affected
All cancellations must be provided as soon as possible via phone contact only. We cannot always view emails / messages in a timely manner. Your order can be cancelled on 01454315588 mon>fri 06:30>14:30. Custom orders such as non stock items, and colours are made to order. If you wish to cancel an order that has a custom item on it, and we have already made it, We will not be able to refund for that item because we cannot return it to "stock".